7.27.2011

BUBBLY.

"Pretties" by Scott Westerfeld

Pretties (Uglies, #2)Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book threw me for a loop! "Uglies" had its fair share of plot twists but I felt like "Pretties" really showed what the world would be like if technology took over everything. The extreme cases between the Specials vs. Pretties vs. Uglies, and also the Outsiders vs. Villagers. It really introduced you to a world that could be completely plausible in this fictional dystopia. I was a little confused in the beginning because the "pretty-talk" was hard to follow. But after a while I was actually thinking words like BOGUS and BUBBLY which was "totally dizzy-making" ;) lol! And I am all for leaving books ending with a cliffhanger but Tally has already been through so much! Will be reading Specials next although I have seen some reviews about people not liking it as much as the first two. Definitely a good read and recommended for fans of dystopia.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment