2.01.2011

JANUARY QUOTES.

This year I decided to post a quote everyday. A lot of people started posting a picture a day for a year so I thought this might be fun since I read a lot and actually catch myself jotting down noteworthy dialogue! You can check my "Quote of the day" tab to see them all but here I have posted all of the quotes from January 2011. It starts with the most recent first so if you want to see January 1st scroll down to the bottom. ENJOY! :)



"Listen" (01/31/11)

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

— Shel Silverstein
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"not everybody..." (01/30/11)

"I'm really tryna make it more than what it is, 'cause everybody dies but not everybody lives"

-DRAKE in "Moment For Life" by Nicki Minaj feat. Drake
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Words..." (01/29/11)

"You want me to believe that you ain't even like that
Baby show me that you ain't even like that"

from "Words" Bobby Valentino
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"the price" (01/28/11)

"The price of a memory, is the memory of the sorrow it brings."

from "I Am Number Four" by Pittacus Lore
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"spectacular" (01/27/11)

"My tweets are real, and they’re spectacular. "

-Ellen DeGeneres
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"to be loved" (01/26/11)

"That to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed."

from "City of Bones" a novel by Cassandra Clare
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Spark the creativity" (01/25/11)

"What we can do—what America does better than anyone—is spark the creativity and imagination of our people."

-President Obama; State of the Union address
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"you pierce my soul." (01/24/11)

"I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant."

from "Persuasion" by Jane Austen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"no matter how short..." (01/23/11)

I’ll miss you. No matter how short a time you’re gone.

from "Midnight Sun" (aka "Edward's Twilight") by Stephenie Meyer
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"because they need it... (01/22/11)

"We don't forgive people because they deserve it. We forgive them because they need it... because we need it."

from "The Dark Divine" a novel by Bree Despain
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"does not leave us..." (01/21/11)

"Darkness does not leave us easily as we would hope.

from "Beautiful Darkness" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"someone worth dying for..." (01/20/11)

"How many lives do you need to live, before you find someone worth dying for?"

from "Torment" a novel by Lauren Kate
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"vocabulary lesson..." (01/19/11)

Mike Chadway: Shut up! Yet again I told you that I'm in love with you and you're standing there giving me a vocabulary lesson.
Abby Richter: You're in love with me. Why?
Mike Chadway: Beats the shit out of me, but I am.

from "The Ugly Truth" with Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"to be defined" (01/18/11)

As you get older, you realize that you don't want to be defined by your tattoos, because that's not the type of person that I am

-Kelly Osbourne
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"beauty of human life" (01/17/11)

"The potential beauty of human life is constantly made ugly by man's ever-recurring song of retaliation."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"A fool" (01/16/11)

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool"

-William Shakespeare
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"the best feeling" (01/15/11)

"That's the best feeling in the world; taking off your bra!"

ME.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"to those who believe..." (01/14/11)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

-Eleanore Roosevelt
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"in a wakeful doze, I sorrow..." (01/13/11)

Half the night I waste in sighs,
Half in dreams I sorrow after
The delight of early skies;
In a wakeful doze I sorrow
For the hand, the lips, the eyes,
For the meeting of the morrow,
The delight of happy laughter,
The delight of low replies.

from "Maud" By Alfred Lord Tennyson
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


"wisest mind..." (01/12/11)

"the wisest mind has something yet to learn..."

-George Santayana
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"beautiful body..." (01/11/11)

"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"

from Groucho Marx in "You Bet Your Life"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I can hear your heart beat" (01/10/11)

"and in the dark... I can hear your heartbeat, I try to find the sound. But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness. So darkness I became..."

"Cosmic Love" by Florence + the Machine
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"the stars walk backward" (01/09/11)
((this is more like "words" of the day since it's an entire poem))

dive for dreams
or a slogan may topple you
(trees are their roots
and wind is wind)

trust your heart
if the seas catch fire
(and live by love
though the stars walk backward)

honor the past
but welcome the future
(and dance your death
away at this wedding)

never mind a world
with its villains or heroes
(for God likes girls
and tomorrow and the earth)

"Dive For Dreams" by E.E. Cummings
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"dwell on dreams" (01/08/11)

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live..."

from "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" by JK Rowling
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"a kind much closer than friends use..." (01/07/11)

"All I really want to do is love you, a kind much closer than friends use... but I still can't say it after all we've been through. And all I really want from you is to feel me, as the feeling inside keeps building... and I will find a way to you if it kills me... if it kills me..."

"If it Kills Me" by Jason Mraz
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"it's real..." (01/06/11)

"When it's real... you can't walk away."

from the Vampire Diaries
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"...be careful..." (01/05/11)

"One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us."

from "Clockwork Angel" a novel by Cassandra Clare
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"the human heart has hidden treasures..." (01/04/11)

"To my darling daughter April, 'The human heart has hidden treasures, In secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, Whose charms were broken if revealed' From your loving father"

from the movie "Definitely, Maybe" with Ryan Reynolds and Isla Fisher
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"this ain't a fairytale..." (01/03/11)

"I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale. I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell... this ain't hollywood, this is a small town. I was a dreamer before you went and let me down. Now it's too late for you and your white horse... to come around..."

"White Horse" by Taylor Swift
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"...the summer beneath the trees" (01/02/11)

"My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah"

from "The Notebook"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If you stay..." (01/01/11)

"If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, bit I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay..."

from "If I Stay" a novel by Gayle Forman

No comments:

Post a Comment