8.23.2010

SIDENOTE.

Haven't posted anything in the last few weeks because I've been busy interning and working on campus. Also it's the summer and I tend to keep busy with the friends and fam. A couple things that have passed in the last month or so...


1. Saw Charlie St. Cloud with my bff's. I read this book last month and was mildly surprised at how much I liked it. The movie was quite surprising as well. I think Zac Efron has come a long way since HSM!! Not exactly a "must watch" but still a very good choice if you're thinking of seeing.. oh i don't know.. Piranha 3D or something like that.


2. I have started the second book in Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series but I've been so busy that I'm only halfway through it. I do like it though, maybe not as much as the 1st in the series... but it's still too early to tell.


3. VAMPIRE DIARIES season 2 is premiering on Sept 9th and I am ECSTATIC! You can view a preview of the season opener here.


4. Went to Aloha Fest in San Francisco and it was so much fun! It made me miss Hawaii immensely and the highlight of that day was a little something called "Macadamia Icebox" =) mmm... these were macadamia cookies from Kelley's Kookies based in LA. they are DELISH!! I sampled a few other flavors but the icebox was my fave. You can check out the website and perhaps order some for yourself here.


5. Saw LADY GAGA aka "Mama Monster" in concert last Tuesday. She is AMAZING!! She is highly entertaining and I'm not just talking about her music! She is HILARIOUSLY and (I think) unintentionally funny!! I absolutely loved her concert and it is EASILY one of the best concerts that I have been to which is saying something because I have been to some AMAZING concerts (Janet Jackson, Paramore, John Legend/Corinne Bailey Rae, John Mayer/Maroon 5 to name a few). I highly recommend seeing her in concert because she is fabulous live!


6. Read some of the FIRST reviews for Deathly Hallows today! Anyone who is a die hard Harry Potter fan (not unlike myself) knows just how EPIC this movie will be!! I am too excited for words! MTV has a nice recap of the advanced screening which you can read about here.


7. Lastly, just got back from an annual camping trip with some friends. Portola State Park near Santa Cruz. It was FREEZING and the sun never really warmed us up. But it was still a LOT of fun and we always have a good time hanging out in the woods for a few days =) Highlight of that trip: the raccoon (pronounce "ruh-koon") stole my sister's ENTIRE bag of marshmallows 3 feet away from where we were eating dinner!! All in all it was a great mini-vacay.


So that is all, just a few things to recap. Hopefully I'll be back on to write a review of "Ink Exchange" when I finish or if I see fit and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins is out tomorrow so I'm sure I will have a review of that in a couple of days because her books are so addicting you HAVE to finish it until you're done. Putting it down is NOT an option. =) Summer is almost over, about a month until Fall quarter starts!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for checking out my blog!!
    I've seen Lady Gaga, John Mayer and Maroon 5 in concert too. Of course Gaga was my favorite, and I actually don't like John Mayer (I just went with a friend). Train opened for him though and I love them ;)
    Great blog, keep it up!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete