11.02.2010

FALLEN.

Fallen (Fallen, #1)Fallen by Lauren Kate

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Really good read. Easy to follow the storyline once you get a grip on who the different characters are. I have to admit that before reading I read a review that explained the big secret but I was still surprised and it actually helped my confusion to know what the deal was with Daniel and Luce. I think people who follow religion will be interested in reading this because it does allude to particular things that one might be more familiar with if they've studied religion or are a bit more familiar with the Bible. SPOILERY: for example, a girl named Gabbe, short for Gabrielle, that happens to also be an angel... Angel Gabriel ring a bell? Or the snake in the grass is quite reminiscent of the serpent in the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Or perhaps these are all merely coincidental. :) Either way, this book was very interesting and surprising. But what I loved most was the romantic element. These are star-crossed lovers who can rival even Romeo & Juliet! (just the premise of the story, not that the writing is as brilliant as Shakespeare... however still well-written) The story, when you really look at it, is truly heart-breaking, and I wish more of the novel had revolved around it instead of prepping you for it. Because you really don't get to the "good stuff" until the book is almost finished. Still, couldn't put it down and can't wait to pick up the sequel, "Torment."



View all my reviews at goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment