5.20.2011

DIVERGENT.

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


For a debut novel I have to say that Veronica Roth truly out-did herself. This book was pure addiction. With dystopia being such a hot genre right now, this book completely blew me away with how different it was from other dystopias. Yes, there is a corrupt government hungry for power. Yes, there is a heroine fighting to save her life as well as the lives of those she loves. Yes, there is violence and blood and pain and love and an all too familiar reality. But this book is so much more than all of those things. It makes you think about the kind of person you are. Perhaps what faction you might fit into and if the decisions you make in life are because you are selfless, or brave, or honest, or smart, or kind. It's amazing. Truly a MUST-READ of 2011 if I ever saw one!!

For fans of "The Hunger Games" and "Matched".



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment