7.07.2011

YUMMY.


I made these BOMB chicken wraps today courtesy of "Five Ingredient Fix" with Claire Robinson on Food Network. I'm one of those people who, if I see something and like it I HAVE to try and make it just to see if I can and if it'll taste as delish as I imagined lol! I really love watching this show because what's more simple than cooking a dish that only requires 5 ingredients?? NOTHING.


Anywho, here is the recipe (via FoodNetwork.com)

Ingredients

1 Citrus-Garlic Roasted Chicken Breast and 2 Thighs, or your favorite roasted or rotisserie chicken pieces (about 3 cups meat)
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup chopped seedless red grapes, about 12
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
4 spinach or whole-wheat tortilla wraps (9-inch diameter)

Directions

Remove the skin from the chicken and strip the meat from the bones; coarsely chop and put into a mixing bowl. Add the yogurt, grapes and celery. Mix well, season with salt and pepper, and stir until combined.

Lay the wraps on a work surface. Put 1/4 of the chicken salad on the bottom third of each tortilla. Fold the bottom up over the salad and fold in the sides, while rolling the tortilla up to enclose the filling.

Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or parchment paper until ready to serve. Refrigerate if not using before 2 hours.
Notes

Cook's Note: These wraps are kid-sized. If you are packing a lunch for bigger appetites, divide the chicken salad between just 2 tortillas and enclose.


What I really liked about this recipe is that it is a nice, healthier version of your everyday chicken salad sandwich because it substitutes a heavy mayo for a lighter low-fat or non-fat greek yogurt. I also like that she used spinach tortillas which are my absolute fave for making burritos.

This is a great lunch on the go especially if, like me, you tend to run late and need something that doesn't require utensils. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment