2.03.2012

RECKLESS MAGIC.

Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed #1)Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


LOVED this book. I say that about books often and I admit that I'm not that harsh of a critic but the truth is that I go off of a lot of reviews anyway so I tend to read books that are deemed "good" or "well-written" by most. Sorry for the disclaimer but I just wanted to clarify why I have many 4 or 5 star ratings. :)

With that said, I loved the plot of this book. There are many books that deal with magic or immortals or fantasy so it's hard for authors to come out with the next best thing. I liked that this story was very unexpected. Even though I assumed some things (like how Avalon was Eden's brother... and that Amory was her grandfather even were kind of expected) there were other parts of the story that completely threw me! (Like Amory's story about Eden's parents and Lucan and all that good stuff). Anyway, I found this book interesting and witty, funny and sarcastic and that I just loved a lot of the characters in it! Even Talbott and his brooding self. I must admit that I was completely and utterly annoyed by Kiran from the get-go but OK OK... I see what he was trying to do now lol. And I GUESS I like him =) I still really love Avalon, Amory and Lilly as far as supporting characters go. Definitely a great series for people who enjoy magic, fantasy and a cute love story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment