12.31.2011

DECEMBER QUOTES.


I love quoting my favorite books, movies, songs, etc. I also keep a quote book with me that I write some of my very favorite quotes in. For 2011, I thought it would be nice to post a quote a day just for fun! ENJOY!! :)

Here it is! For the year of 2011 I have compiled a quote a day and I assure you there are no duplicates ;)
I have finished it off here with December quotes but below I have archived all the months and linked them at the bottom. Now... I need to find a new challenge for 2012! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


I apologize in advance for the deluge of "Shatter Me" quotes (the debut novel by Tahereh Mafi) but I found when reading it... whenever I came across a quote I particularly liked, I saved it into my iPhone. So there are quite a few that I have incorporated here.


CHANGE. (12/31/11)

"Adapt to change. The only thins that is constant is the fact that everything keeps changing."

-Requiem by Jamie McGuire
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i love you... (12/30/11)

"I love you more than anything on this Earth; more than anything in the universe. I love you more than life, more than my family, and I love you more than I love being with you in that way. Your safety is, and will always be my first priority."

-Requiem by Jamie McGuire
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

fleeting. (12/29/11)

"Humans see life as so precious when it's fleeting."

-Requiem by Jamie McGuire
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TRUTH. (12/28/11)

"Empty threats rarely compel me to comply."

-Requiem by Jamie McGuire
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
anything. (12/27/11)

"I would do anything, go anywhere, suffer anything to make you happy. You know that, right? That's all I want."

-"Requiem" by Jamie McGuire
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

superman (12/26/11)

"No, when I was a kid I had big plans.” A hint of playfulness crept into Jesse’s eyes. “I was going to be the next Superman. But my sisters got sick of me stealing their tights and I could never figure the damn things out anyway."

— Darcia Helle (Enemies and Playmates)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

thinking of you (12/25/11)

"If you think I'm happy when you're not around, it's because I'm thinking of you."

Jamie McGuire (Providence (Providence #1))

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The ordinary instant...(12/24/11)

“Life changes in the instant. The ordinary instant.”

― Joan Didion, The Year of Magical Thinking
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

so powerful... (12/23/11)

"Books are so powerful because they last forever" -

-via Twitter
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@StudentsOfHogwarts (12/22/11)

If you don't want to get "Mudblood" stop "Slytherin" your "Basilisk" to anyone's "Chamber of Secrets". PROTEGO yourself.

-via Twitter
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

monster. (12/21/11)

But being around so much love has managed to thaw my frozen parts into something human. I feel human. Like maybe I could be a part of this world. Like maybe I don't have to be a monster. Maybe I'm not a monster.

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

through thine eyes... (12/20/11)

He still has the most unusually blue eyes I've ever seen. Dark and deep and drenched in passion. I always wondered what it's be like to see the world through such a beautiful lens. I wondered if your eye color meant you saw the world differently. If the world saw you differently as a result.

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

second skin. (12/19/11)

"I want to stamp him into my skin and save him forever."

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

eyes. (12/18/11)

"I'd recognize your eyes anywhere in the world."

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


pure imagination... (12/17/11)

The human imagination is often disastrous when left to its own devices.

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Beautiful Mistake. (12/16/11)

Every varying hue is like a bruise, like a beautiful mistake.

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I DIE. (12/15/11)

"Juliette."

His voice hugs the letters in my name so softly I die 5 times in that second.

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

HATE. (12/14/11)

"Hate looks just like everybody else until it smiles. Until is spins around and lies with lips and teeth carved into the semblance of something too passive to punch. "

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


So easily purchased... (12/13/11)

They want me to forget.

"They think they can wash away my memories, my loyalties, my priorities with a few hot meals and a room with a view. They think I am so easily purchased."

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


tainted beauty. (12/12/11)

"The beauty is so tainted I can't stand the sight of it."

―Shatter Me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Promise. (12/11/11)

"They promised usThe Reestablishment promised us hope for a better future. They said they would fix things, they said they would help us get back to the world we knewthe world with move dates and spring weddings and baby showers. They said they would give us back our homes, our health, our sustainable future.

But they stole everything. They took everything. My Life. My future. My sanity. My freedom."

―Tahereh Mafi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Nobody but YOUrself (12/10/11)

“Whenever you think or you believe or you know, you're a lot of other people: but the moment you feel, you're nobody-but-yourself.”

― E.E. Cummings
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

a pleasure... (12/09/11)

"leaving London would be a pleasure, as long as you’re waiting for me on the other side."

-"Letters to Juliet;" Sophie & Charlie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

trapped. (12/08/11)

It’s a home, a center for troubled youth, for
neglected children from broken families, a safe house for
the psychologically disturbed.
It’s a prison.

-Tahereh Mafi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

two roads... (12/07/11)

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference."

—ROBERT FROST, “The Road Not Taken”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

dedication. (12/06/11)

"For my parents, and for my husband,
because when I said I wanted to touch the moon
you took my hand, held me close,
and taught me how to fly."

-Tahereh Mafi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

letters to Juliet (12/05/11)

Dear Claire,

"What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will.

All my love,
Juliet

-Sophie to Claire; "Letters to Juliet"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

definitely, maybe... (12/04/11)
"and before I knew it, even though we were continents away... we became friends."

-William Hayes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nina & Jared (12/03/11)

Nina: "You can't tell me that you haven't had time for girls, now. Not when you kiss like that.
Jared: "I beg to differ. I'm not an idiot... it's not a difficult concept."
Nina: "I have kissed boys, some of those boys more than once, that never kissed like that."
Jared: "That's because you kissed boys, sweetheart."

-"Providence" by Jamie McGuire
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

in an instant... (12/02/11)

“Life changes in the instant. The ordinary instant.”

— Joan Didion
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

adventures (12/01/11)

"Thanks for the adventure. Now go have a new one."

-Disney & Pixar's "Up"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To see ALL of my quotes from 2011 check out the archives that are listed by month.


JANUARY 2011.
FEBRUARY 2011.
MARCH 2011.
APRIL 2011.
MAY 2011.
JUNE 2011.
JULY 2011.
AUGUST 2011.
SEPTEMBER 2011.
OCTOBER 2011.
NOVEMBER 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment