8.05.2011

DETOX DAY 1.

For 15 days my sister, her boyfriend and I decided to do a raw food detox. Many people do these detoxes to cleanse their bodies of toxins and to ready themselves for workouts or just a change in their diets. A lot of people choose a raw food diet. We decided to to a raw fruit/veggie juice detox. We also consume fresh fruits, veggies and nuts.

For day ONE of my detox I made my own juice mixes.

For the first juice I juiced together:

1 stalk of celery
1 orange
1/2 a nectarine
1 handful of kale leaves (trader joe's has bags of washed and ready to use kale)
1 handful of baby carrots
4 small strawberries


This was a good juice but I didn't peel the orange first and the rind is VERY strong and very bitter. I think I need to peel them first since my juicer isn't exactly a Jack Lalanne, lol I don't think it would've been as bitter. Or maybe people like that bitter taste. Other than that this was a very tasty juice.

I also consumed a handful of baby carrots, a handful of raw almonds and 1 banana.
2, 16.9 oz bottles of water

Later on that day my sister made a juice that we all drank that consisted of:

1 peach
1 orange (peeled)
1 pear
1 red apple
1 green apple
a handful of spinach
6 strawberries
and a few romaine lettuce leaves

This juice was VERY good. I could drink this all day!

If you're planning on doing a detox make sure to stock up on A LOT of fruits and veggies because they go fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment