Here was the recipe that I found from egglesscooking.com
I followed the recipe as is but I also added a pinch of salt to bring out the chocolaty flavor. It could have used a little more salt actually because it tastes sweet but the savory could have helped. I also used this simple glaze as well:Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 and 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar (See My Notes #2)
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Baking SodaWet Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups Hot Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Mashed or Pureed BananasProcedure:
- Preheat the oven at 350F/180C for 15 minutes. Spray a bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- Mash enough bananas to measure one cup
- To the flour mixture add the canola oil, hot water and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Now add the bananas and blend thoroughly
- The cake batter is quite “water-y”. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for approximately from 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
|1||cup powdered sugar||
|1||to 2 tablespoons milk||
|1/2||teaspoon vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract||
After I let the cake cool
I inverted the bundt cake onto a plate
I made the glaze measuring out the powdered sugar, adding the vanilla and the soy milk one tablespoon at a time until I got the consistency that I wanted
Then you just pour the glaze onto the cake and enjoy!