8.05.2011

SPECIALS.

Specials (Uglies, #3)Specials by Scott Westerfeld

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked this one. I didn't like it as much as the first 2 but everyone was right, it is essential to the story. I think some things that bothered me about it were that a lot of the characters didn't have much of a story until the end. For most of the story Tally was with Shay or just by herself in the wild. I think I'm just a little bitter about the fate of some of these characters. I think it was a given that Tally would become special. It was obvious that each book was titled accordingly. But in the end I felt like her wanting to stay special didn't have to do with the fact that she was tired of people changing her. I felt like some part of her was still a little selfish wanting to keep her special senses and abilities. And poor Zane... I felt like there was no closure between Zane and Tally. I guess I just liked the other to more. It's still a good read, still a good story and an essential part of understanding this world and its characters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment