3.21.2011

DAY 10.

Today I'm posting for last Saturday and Today (Sundays don't count). On Saturday my sister had some leftover pizza dough so I decided to make focaccia. Focaccia is basically a pizza with now sauce. You just pile up the toppings onto the dough and sort of press it into the dough so once it bakes all the flavors are in there.

First I liked my pan with parchment and spread the dough out on top. (It looks sticky but once it bakes the crust should peel right off of the parchment.) Pizza dough is one of those things that is normally already vegan: flour, oil, water, yeast; but if you're not sure just ask your local store or pizzeria if the dough has milk or eggs. Also, this particular dough I used was from Trader Joe's.



The drizzle it with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. (This is so the dough won't dry out and it'll add flavor.} Afterward I topped one half of the pizza with the leftover vegan spaghetti sauce that I made on a previous day. What's great about this sauce was that I was able to divide it into single servings and freeze it so that I can just warm up one serving at a time and conserve the rest.



The other half I left without the sauce just to have a different variety and then I topped it with vegetables that I sliced up. I just used typically pizza toppings: green bell pepper, red onion, tomato, I added spinach as well. Black olives would have been good but I didn't have any on hand. I'll pick some up and try it again :)




After I finished topping my pizza dough I did a final drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. I always season along the way to ensure flavor. And a light seasoning is perfect. I baked until golden brown or just to your liking (some people like their crust toastier) and then cut it into slices and served. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment