3.24.2011

DAY 14.

A Vegan Kid's Dream...

It's fun to be a kid!! One of my favorite childhood meals is chicken nuggets and fries! It's actually something that I crave every so often because when I was a kid I was a very picky eater. And one of the only things I would eat was french fries. I was so skinny because I never ate anything. My mom thought I was sick so the doctor gave me vitamins to help me gain weight. Anyway, this is one of the few meals I would look forward to. I thought it would be nice to find a vegan option! =)

My favorite brand of meatless "meat" items is Morning Star. However, not all of the items are vegan. It's good to check the label to see if it contains eggs or whey (milk). I like Boca, but I had a Boca burger once and it was too mushy for my liking. I thought I'd try the Boca brand Chicken Nuggets since the Morning Star ones contained eggs and milk.



I just followed the directions on the bag, bake at 400 degrees until brown or crispy. I also baked some fries. Most frozen fries you'll have to look at the ingredients and make sure they just contain potatoes and vegetable oil and some kind of seasoning.

I put them on a baking sheet and baked them together, occasionally checking to see the color. I like them lightly browned but I like my fries crispy.



Once they're cooked through and browned to your liking, serve and enjoy! =)

I really liked the Boca brand chicken nuggets, they were very tasty.



SOURCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment