4.01.2011

DAY 17.

I haven't blogged AT ALL this week because it was my first week back in school and I was a busybee. But I've saved all my pictures and recipes and stuff so here we go!

This was my second attempt at "pizza" and I'm sure I will attempt it again because this turned out better than the first, but not altogether GREAT as it could have been.

PIZZA: TAKE TWO

Last time I tried making pizza it was more of a foccacia because it didn't have sauce. This time I thought I'd try vegan cheese that I found at Whole Foods. This cheese was a very strange texture, but it grated easily and tasted just like mozzarella.



This time I also tried a different dough. What's awesome is that you can go to a lot of different grocery stores and they each have their own version of pizza dough. Last time I used Trader Joe's but this time I used one I saw at Whole Foods.



My sister, who is an avid baker, wasn't here to help me so I had NO idea how to roll out pizza dough which is probably why I had so many problems with this one. I think the dough was too cold and I tried to roll it out before it was room temperature.

Anyway, I chopped up all my veggies. Anything you would find on a combo pizza minus the meat. Tomatoes, Green Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Black olives, Mushrooms. Then I grated my vegan cheese.




I used my favorite vegan marinara sauce from Trader Joe's. It's come in handy a lot with different dishes. After the sauce then I topped it with the cheese. And started layering all my veggies.





I baked this at 400 for 20 minutes. It came out "doughy" so I put it back in for 15 minutes at a lower temp, 350. I think my problem was that I didn't roll the dough out evenly so some parts were cooked and some weren't. The parts that were cooked tasted good though! :) I think next time I'll work with the dough room temp. I was in a hurry so I think that's why I screwed it up. Lol, 3rd times a charm!




SOURCE.
SOURCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment