4.10.2011

DAY 28.

Yesterday I was out and about with my cousin and this is always a problem for me when I go out because it's hard to find vegan options unless I'm in the Berkeley area where vegan restaurants are in abundance. I decided we should go to PF Chang's because I've found that it is easier for me to find vegan options at Chinese and Mexican food places. Chinese food often uses veggies and tofu and you can find substitutions and with Mexican food, mostly burritos, you can ask them to make it without sour cream or cheese and just get beans, rice, salsa, lettuce, etc.

Anyway after glancing through the menu I was happy to find that they had a plethora of vegetarian dishes.



Now obviously vegetarian and vegan are different but it's always good to ask questions and also see if there are any eggs or dairy that are added to the dish. You can also assume if it's a vegetarian pizza then it will contain cheese or if it's vegetarian fried rice it may still contain eggs and so on and so forth.

I chose two dishes.

1. Coconut Curry Vegetables


(which was made with coconut milk and tofu)

& 2. Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps


(these contain no eggs or dairy and since it's vegetarian there's no meat or stock that contains meat either)

Another awesome thing about Pf Chang's is that they have the option of white or brown rice. Brown rice is my favorite so I opted for that. I love seeing restaurants cater to people with preferences or food allergies. They also had another revised menu that was gluten free as well.

SOURCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment