4.22.2011

DAY 38.

Today I made Cheddar Bay Biscuits! MMMM!! These were so yummy! And if you're a fan of Red Lobster you'll LOVE these! LOL!! I was looking for a cheddar biscuit recipe so that I could used up the Daiya Cheddar Shreds that I have. And I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com. It has a 4 and a half star rating out of over 900 reviews so that's pretty good.



The ingredients are literally baking mix, water and cheese. Pretty simple right??

I used Bisquick mix. This is cool because this mix is vegan only using wheat products and some vegetable or sunflower oil. Something like that, I forget EXACTLY what is in it but I know it doesn't contain milk or eggs.



I measured my flour, cheese (for this I used Daiya Cheddar) and water. Then I mixed it until it formed a dough.





I then took a fork and just dropped mounds of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. These biscuits are called "drop biscuits" because you literally drop the batter onto the pan.



Meanwhile I melted butter and mixed it with dried parsley, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt. The recipe calls for onion powder as well but I didn't have any on hand and it tasted fine without it. This butter mixture is for the top of the biscuits when they're freshly baked.




You bake the biscuits at 375 for 10-12 minutes. This made them perfectly cooked and still soft and flaky. Right when they're done baking, take them out and brush the butter mixture on the still-hot biscuits.




These were yummy! And you can't even tell that they're not made with real cheese.



SOURCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment