4.07.2011

WHERE SHE WENT.

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)Where She Went by Gayle Forman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When I first read "If I Stay," I was so affected by it that I kept thinking about it for days after. It got me thinking about all the things that matter in my life and I thought, "How could a book do that? Make you wonder about things you don't normally think of and bring it to such an important level for you to re-think their importance?" And I realized that Gayle Forman is one of those rare authors who really leaves her emotions on the page so that you feel them too.

One of my favorite things about "If I Stay" was the musical references. "Where She Went" had an abundance of artists and songs that only an audiophile would recognize at first glance. (ie: Sufjan Stevens... MAJOR BROWNIE POINTS!)

But what really captured me was the story. The first story was so heartbreaking, so devastatingly sad... you can't get passed the bad to see the good. Only in the very end can you see hope. In this sequel, I loved that it alluded to the sadness and loss and pain, but put in a twist here and there of happy memories, and these flashbacks were my favorite part of the book. It does what all good sequels do by filling in the blanks that the first story left out.

I loved this book, maybe even more than the first one and I think it's a great read for anyone who has lost someone that may struggle to make that next move. The next step in moving on. Such a great story, slightly tragic and exceedingly romantic. Started this book only earlier today and finished it in mere hours. Truly a GOODREAD.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment