4.13.2011

DAY 30.

LEFTOVERS!!!

=) I love leftovers because that means I don't have to cook and it means I'm also not wasting any food!!

So yesterday I used the leftover taco ingredients from Monday so that I could make a new dish. Now you have SO many options with these ingredients (taco filling, tortillas, salsa, lettuce, vegan sour cream, tomatoes). You can use a flour tortilla and make a burrito. You can fry a corn tortilla and make a tostada. You can just make more tacos (boring!). Or you can do what I did and make a taco salad!! I love this option because I love salads and this was a more filling meal because of all the veggies.

I chopped up (shredded) the lettuce into thin strips and chopped some tomatoes for the top. (You can also add other things like cheese, olives, taco sauce, etc.)



I topped the lettuce with taco filling (the "meatless ground" I had made the day before), vegan sour cream, tomatoes, and a little salsa.



Then I mixed the salad together and crushed some tortilla chips for crunch and voila!! A colorful, and satisfying, lunch that took about 5 minutes to get together. You don't waste food or money when you eat your leftovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment